An electronic cigarette is a battery-powered device which contains nicotine-based liquid solution which comes out as vapor when it is heated with an element called atomizer. After a long research when it first came in the market then majority of people were unknown about this new invention. But when people started researching about this gadget in internet they came to know that this gadget is just an alternative to the traditional cigarette. Then this electrical device became popular within every citizen in short period of time as its positive effects are numerous.
But the main question is whether use of this device is legal.
This electronic cigarette has been introduced on to the market where many positive reactions came from the smokers using this electrical device but still now in many countries this electronic cigarette is not legally accepted because of various reasons, whereas some countries has accepted legally through detailed research. Let us see those countries who had accepted legally and those countries where decisions regarding its use are still now pending.
Countries who had accepted its use legally:
• In Austria: The use of this electronic cigarette is legal here as because they consider cartridges that is the ingredient to prepare nicotine as a medical product.
• In Bulgaria: It is legally accepted by Bulgaria. Thus the use of this electrical device and its sale as well is considered to be legal. Here sample of cartridge is also sold for producing medicines.
• In Germany: Here selling is done and use of this device is legal.
• In Latvia: Here also electronic cigarette is legal. And every individual has the right to buy and sale this product.
• In Italy: use of this device is only legal to those who are above 16 years old. As it contain nicotine and thus it is restricted to sell.
Countries whose decisions are still now pending:
• In Denmark: They do not consider cartridge as a medical device and thus in Denmark the decision regarding its acceptance is pending.
• In Portugal: Here nicotine is restricted and thus electronic cigarette is not allowed to use.
• In Netherland: Here selling and use is legal but its advertising is illegal.
For electronic cigarette medical licenses are not issued in many countries as well as illegal for selling and using purpose. But somehow through detailed research and knowing its benefits many countries agreed the use and sale of this product as legal.